Friday, September 9, 2011

Sketching at the Sonshine Alpaca Farm


It felt so good to be out sketching with the WISkers again.  It's been a long time.  We met today at the Sonshine alpaca farm very near my house in Langley.  Very fun place tucked way back into the woods at the top of a hill.  Lots of alpacas, goats, chickens and BIG guard dogs to protect them all from the coyotes, eagles and owls. 
LOVE this guy snacking away IN his feeder.  I am sure the idea was for him to be on the ground with his head in the box, but whatever works!


 Totally great animals!  The black one is a big boy alpaca kept separate from his girl alpacas and not happy about it.  He never stopped mewing and bleating the whole time I was sitting doing my sketch!
This is a Karakachan, a Bulgarian Sheepdog.  His job is to protect the animals from eagles, coyotes and owls.  He is huge.  And exceedingly PEOPLE friendly.  He nearly knocked me over in his joy to greet and love me.  He was pretty sure that my camera case was his ball. 



















This is SUCH a pretty place.  The sun was warm, it smelled like a farm and was filled with all sorts of animal sounds.  Such a completely enjoyable way to spent the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment